A lightweight, portable, flange facing, grooving and weld preparation machine designed to machine full faced, raised face and grooved flanges from 0mm-305mm (0”-12”)
The benefits of renting or buying the MTF012
- Compact, lightweight great for onsite machining
- Externally mounted which means that its easily mounted
- Operates in any position
- Cuts “O” ring grooves, vertical grooves, “V” grooves, lens ring seats, hub profiles and weld preparations
- Achieves finishes from 1.6µm Ra to 6.3 µm (63CLA to 250CLA)
- ‘Gramophone’ finish when turning and 0.8µm Ra to 1.6µm (32CLA to 63CLA) when polishing
- Pneumatic drive permits use in hazardous areas
- Fitted transportable case
Mactech MTF012 Flange Facing Machine is constructed, as is the rest of the range, from the highest quality materials. It is designed to give machine shop accuracy combined with ease of handling and portability in the flange range of 0-305mm (0” to 12”).
The machine consists of three main assemblies:
- Base Ring Assembly
- Four separate adjustable clamp blocks are provided which may be positioned on the base ring to suit the size of flange being machined.
- Drive and Bearing
The machine is driven by a 0.66kw (0.85hp) pneumatic motor, which is mounted directly to the drive bearing assembly and is quickly detachable.
The saddle is mounted on the drive and bearing assembly and provides a rigid structure to which the toolpost is fixed. Drive input to the saddle is derived from the drive and bearing assembly, internal gear arrangement and saddle gear pick-up gear in a planetary motion.
Toolpost traverse in and out is provided by a lead screw which is driven by the saddle gear train. Direction is selected by the traverse selector.
The machine can achieve cuts to a maximum depth of 2mm (0.079”) without flanged holes and 1mm (0.039) with flanged holes.
Alternative toolposts can be fitted to the saddle.
Would you like more information or to discuss a particular project then call +44 (0)1260 253846 or emails us at email@example.com
- Height 130mm (51/8”)
- Rotational diameter 305mm (12”)
- Maximum swing 305mm (12”)
- Minimum swing 0mm (0”)
- Toolpost travel 438mm (15/8)
- Overall diameter 610mm (24”)
- Nett weight (less wooden case) 50kg (110lbs)
- Total shipping weight 85kg (187lbs)
Wooden Case Dimensions
- Length 800mm (32”)
- Height 430mm (17”)
- Width 720mm 28”)
- Gripping range minimum size 102mm (4”)
- Maximum size 305mm (12”)
- Flange range minimum size 0mm (0”)
- Maximum size 305mm (12”)
- Drive motor: 0.66kw (0.85hp)
- Minimum air supply requirements 5 bar 2.26m3/min (80psi 80cfm)
- Drive motor output speed 1600rpm
- Final rotational speed 33
Additional technical data can be found in the PDF document below.