What Are Clamshell Lathes?
Clamshell lathes are portable machines designed to cut and bevel pipes, tubes, and other cylindrical objects.
These machines consist of two clamshell halves that are hinged together.
When closed, they create a cylindrical cutting surface that rotates around the pipe.
The cutting tool is mounted on the inside of the clamshell and moves in a helical motion to produce the desired cut.
Clamshell cutter machines are easy to operate and require minimal setup.
Some benefits of using clamshell lathes for cutting and bevelling pipes.
- Clamshell lathes offer several benefits, including portability, versatility, precision, and time-saving.
- Because they are portable, clamshell lathes can be easily transported to different job sites, making them ideal for on-site machining work.
- Clamshell lathes can also accommodate pipes of different sizes and configurations, making them a versatile tool for various industries.
- Additionally, clamshell lathes produce accurate and clean cuts, reducing the need for secondary machining operations.
- They can also cut and bevel pipes in one pass, saving time and reducing labour costs.